Mike's Hiyashi Seaweed Salad.
You can cook Mike's Hiyashi Seaweed Salad using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Hiyashi Seaweed Salad
- You need 1 ounce of Dried Wakame Seaweed [whole or cut].
- You need 3 tbsp of Rice Vinager [unseasoned].
- You need 3 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Cilantro.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Extra Fine Minced Peeled Cucumbers.
- It’s 2 of Fine Minced Scallions.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fine Grated Ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of Fine Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Shredded Carrot.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Mike's Hiyashi Seaweed Salad step by step
- Soak Wakame in warm water and cover for 5 minutes. Drain, rinse then squeeze out excess water in cheese cloth. If Wakame is uncut, cut into 1/2" wide strips..
- Whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, pepper flakes, ginger, and garlic in a bowl until sugar is fully dissolved..
- Add the seaweed, cucumbers, scallions, carrots and cilantro, tossing to combine well. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds. Enjoy with most any Asian inspired dish!.