Agedashi Tofu Mushroom Sauce.
You can have Agedashi Tofu Mushroom Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Agedashi Tofu Mushroom Sauce
- Prepare 500 g of Fresh Momen Tofu *OR medium soft Tofu.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- You need of Potato Starch Flour.
- It’s 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s of <Sauce>.
- Prepare 1 cup of Dashi Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s 100 g of Shiitake, Shimeji or Enoki *OR add as much as you like.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Mirin.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Potato Starch *mixed with 2 teaspoons Water.
Agedashi Tofu Mushroom Sauce instructions
- Place Tofu on slightly tilted cutting board or plate with a flat-base dish or board as a weight on top, and set aside for 1/2 hour so that excess water would be removed..
- Prepare Mushrooms. Slice Shiitake, or tear Shimeji and cut Enoki into smaller pieces..
- Place Dashi, Soy Sauce and Mirin into a saucepan, add Mushrooms and cook until Mushrooms are soft. Mix Potato Starch with Water and add it to the sauce gradually until the sauce thickens..
- Heat oil to 180℃. Cut Tofu into about 4-5cm size, coat with Potato Starch, and fry until light golden. Drain on a rack or paper towel..
- Place Tofu in a bowl and cover with hot mushroom sauce. Sprinkle some chopped Spring Onion and serve..